Tuesday 2 October 2012

Do You Want A Ride?

Weary from the long day, he falls into the rocking chair, his feet overjoyed as the weight lifts from them. He cracks open the beer he's been saving for a day like this. Taking a long gulp, he sighs.

"What a day..."

A mix of emotion fills him. A mix he's never felt before. Happiness. Sadness. Joy. Grief. Elation. Anguish. He wants to laugh and sing and dance. He wants to cry and sob and hang his head. He wants to tell everyone he sees how amazing everything is now. He wants to hide from everyone because of the searing pain.

"How do I handle this? I don't know what to feel. I don't know what to do."

So he does nothing. He sits and stares at the blank TV screen. He thinks about everything and nothing. He tries to make sense of his mind, but who can understand contradiction? Who can recognize confliction?

So he just sits.

I sit and think of you. Tears form in my eye as my strength falters. Tears of sadness and happiness. Tears of joyful memories and crushing loneliness. Tears of reconciliation and tears of realization that you're not here.
But you said it. You said those three little words I needed to hear. Those three little words I wasn't sure you felt.

"I miss you."

I miss you too, my Pumpkin. More than you could ever know or understand. And I'm lonely without you too. Not a day goes by where I don't find something that reminds me of you or something I want to tell you or show you. You were always there. Now there's no one.

No one to tell me that it's a JIMP cloud day. No one to tell me how amazing Rui is. No one to get mad at me when I'm late for work. No one who calls me a doofus. No one who excites me like never before. No one to talk to when I need a friend. No one who makes me smile like it's the first time I've ever been happy. No one like you.

No one.

No comments:

Post a Comment