Thursday 18 October 2012

Achievement Unlocked

Back in January I posted this. My goal was to post 52 entries on my blog. Not counting that and this one, for the year of 2012, I have posted exactly 104, double the goal I set for myself. In fact, if I keep up my current pace, I may end up posting around 52 in the month of October alone. For contrast, for the entire year of 2011, I posted 54. I have come a long way.

I've been through many ups and downs since I made that resolution. Exhilarating highs and debilitating lows. But can I complain? Well, of course I can, but I won't. It's because of those highs and lows that I was able to write so much and, from my perspective, grow my skills as a writer. I wouldn't call myself a talented writer in any sense, but I think I've grown and become better at it than I ever thought possible.

Maybe it's time for a new goal, seeing as I've destroyed the last one. What I would like to work on next is fiction. I want to try my hand at narrative writing. I've dabbled in it in the past and it's all been terrible, but maybe I can take what little experience I have from writing this blog and use it to write a half decent story.

But all that aside, I want to thank one person. One person very dear to me who was the sole inspiration in reaching my goal so overwhelmingly. If you've read all or most of my posts for the past few months, you've probably figured out that she is the subject of nearly every single one. Though she may have been the cause of many of my lowest lows, she was also the cause of every one of my highest highs. She isn't in my life anymore but I do have faith that she will be again one day, sooner or later, and I cannot wait for that day. I will welcome her back with open arms and tears of joy and immediately offer to clean the mud off her glasses. And if I do ever write that story, first on the list of dedications will be her, the one who pushed me to write it in the first place.

I love you, buddy. I miss you.

<4

No comments:

Post a Comment