Saturday 20 October 2012

Doormat

A guy and his girlfriend, another girl and her boyfriend, and me. No girl at my side, no buddy to chat with. Just me. At the table, girl sits across from girl, guy sits across from guy, and I sit across from no one. I check my phone every five minutes for replies to the half dozen texts I sent out in hopes of some friendly company. Not one.

So alone I sit, trying my best to join in in the conversations at the table despite my disadvantageous seat. I smile and laugh and make jokes as much as I can but it feels empty, hollow. There's only so much I can do against this much loneliness. Against the overwhelming feeling that I don't belong, that I am the sore thumb.

But this is my life. I am alone. I am the odd one out. I am the loser who will continue to thanklessly sacrifice himself for the happiness of others. This is me.

I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment