Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Past

I wonder, how will you remember me? Will you remember the happy-go-lucky guy you met back in April? Will you remember the sad, pathetic guy who yearned for your affection? Will you remember the frustrated, miserable guy who just wanted a friend?

Or will you remember me? The guy who put you first over everyone. The guy who treated your wish as a command. The guy you laughed your guts out with almost every day. The guy who could somehow blow your mind with a 9 or by cleaning your glasses. The guy who was always there, day or night, rain or shine. The guy who had nothing but love and kind words for you no matter how you treated him.

Who will you remember?

I will remember you. The girl who made me step outside my comfort zone and experience a little bit of life with her. The girl who would always make time, no matter the tasks on her plate. The girl who knew best and made sure I benefited from it. The girl who was lonely and just wanted her friend there to talk to.

That's who I will remember.

But there are two images stuck in my head of the girl I love so dearly.

I remember her in her yellow top, walking up to me at work, my heart pounding at the sight of her.

I remember her jumping out of her car, completely exited to see me, yelling "Happy birthday!!" and leaping into my arms.

You criticize me for living in the past, but my darling, the past is all I have left of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment