Saturday 1 December 2012

Most Perfect

Did you know that I'm a very shallow guy? That's right. I find imperfections and I chose whether or not to pursue that girl based on them. Too fat, too tall, too whatever, that's what I do. It's horrible, I know, but I do it.

So, why do you think I started talking to you? Why do you think I asked for your number? Was it because you had an amazing personality? How could it be? I didn't know you! Was it because of your intelligence? Same answer. Was it because you impress me with your work? Back then I was under the impression that you weren't that good.

No, it wasn't any of those things. I started talking to you because I was pursuing a pretty girl. Not one too fat. Not one too tall. A very pretty, sexy, beautiful girl. I have a soft spot for pretty girls and you instantly made the top of that list.

I don't remember the first time I saw you but when I think back as early as I can remember, I remember you walking in, all bundled up against the cold. You were so beautiful in your black jacket and your scarf wrapped snugly around your neck. We chatted for a while before you had to get to work. I don't remember a thing we talked about but man, I must have made a huge fool of myself. All I remember thinking is, "Damn this girl is hot!" I don't know how I could have held an intelligent conversation staring at you the whole time. How I do it now is a mystery!

You call yourself fat and ugly. Aside from how insulting you're being to yourself, think about what you're saying about me! Are you saying that my standards are low? That I like fat, ugly girls? That's insulting! I have unreasonably high standards. Standards that you surpassed higher than anyone ever has. Higher than my first girlfriend, higher than that girl I was stuck on for a few years, higher than the girl I had a summer romance with. Your beauty makes them look like cave trolls. I look at them now and wonder what I ever saw in them.

You are beautiful, my pumpkin. More beautiful than I ever imagined anyone could be. Every time I see you I long to wrap my arms around you and hold you tight. I want to hold you and never let go, my beautiful angel.

You are perfect just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment