Friday 7 December 2012

Zippity

I walk.

My mind drifts. Cars speed past as I walk. I barely notice. My mind is everywhere and nowhere. Houses come and go as I walk. My feet begin to ache. I trudge on. I don't want to hurt. I don't want to feel pain. So I force it out. I refuse to feel. My brain stops accepting signals from my body. I just walk.

I arrive.

Finally. I step inside and simply stop.  Without the distraction of putting one foot in front of the other, the pain floods in. My body, weary and broken, is ready to collapse. Then, before my legs have a chance to give out, my phone rings. Your face fills the screen. I answer.

"Hello?"

The rest... Well, the rest doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because it's filled with you. It doesn't matter what we did our where we went or what happened while we were there. You were there with me. What else could possibly matter? The world's most incredible woman is sitting next to me and she's my friend.

Yeah. Be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment