Tuesday 20 November 2012

Real

A friend once told me, "Love is saying things that aren't true to make the one you love happy."

For a while, I thought that was true. Saying what a person wants to hear, within reason, sounded like love to me. Doing whatever it takes to make them happy.

But that's not true at all. How stupid I was. Love isn't lying to make someone happy. Love is saying the things you don't want to say, and meaning what you say at the same time. Love is being sincere in saying the things that make your stomach roll. Love, real love, is saying and doing everything you can to make the one you love happy, even when it breaks your heart at the same time.

But there's one more part to it. Real love is when doing all this makes you happier than anything else could, even through the tears of your broken heart. Real love is not dependant on love in return. That's what real love is.

And I am so very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment