Saturday 30 June 2012

Darling

My Darling,

First and foremost, I love you. Above everything else, that will always remain the same. Promise.

I'm a bit of a pain, aren't I? I'm frustrating, problematic, and dramatic, just to name a few. I'm nowhere near perfect and the good days aren't always worth the bad. Because of this, my dear, I am going to ask something of you. I need you to help me be a better man, to be a better friend.

When you are angry, when you are frustrated, when you are sad, when you are happy, when you are excited, when you are miserable, when you are tired, when you are at your wits end, I ask you to do one thing.

Tell me.

When you feel any of these, when I have caused you to experience these emotions, I need you to tell me. Communication and trust are the backbone of a healthy relationship, romantic or otherwise. If I don't know what I'm doing wrong, how will I know to stop? If I don't know what I'm doing right, how will I know to continue? That much is your responsibility. I count on you to tell me these these things just as much as you count on me to tell you the same of myself. I want nothing to come between us.

The point I'm trying to make, my precious, is that I an here to make you happy. I am here to make you laugh and smile like a doofus. Please help me do that. You deserve nothing less.

After all is said and done, I love you. No words or actions by anyone could ever change that.

With all my love,

Theodore

No comments:

Post a Comment