Thursday 7 June 2012

Wet Blanket

There aren't many things on this planet that I find more beautiful than a sky full of clouds. Lying on a blanket in the park, I stare up into the sky at the puffy, white mountains, losing myself in their graceful beauty. But they can't hold my attention long. I have something, someone, down here on the ground with me. Someone much more beautiful than any cloud.

I lower my gaze from the sky to look at you. With your head on my shoulder and your eyes closed, you are more stunning than I ever thought it possible for a person to be. My heart jumps in my chest. I can't believe I'm really here. I can't believe you're really here. With me.

A myriad of emotions wash through me. The strongest feeling of those I recognise is determination. Determination to never hurt you. Determination to never make you cry. Determination to never lose you. No matter what, I cannot let that happen.

I put my arm around you and you snuggle in closer to me. I look back up to the sky. But I don't see clouds. I don't see blue sky.

All I see is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment