Thursday 14 June 2012

4/14

I keep thinking of it. Keep remembering it. Our history, that is. It's not a very long one by any standards. But it certainly is an eventful one. Full of highs and lows, twists and turns, loops and spirals. The two months we've been together would make for a very exciting roller coaster. But two high points always come back to my mind before all the others.

Remember that day on the island? In all our good times, even the times we've had lately, I don't think any compete with that day. Our long walk, the bridge, the pier, the picnic table, the boat. I can't wait to take you back to that bridge. There's one moment I want to recreate. But every aspect of that day was incredible. I was sad to see it end, but the memory will forever bring a smile to my face.

Fast forward a few weeks. Remember that day you dressed in your red polka-dotted dress? Mini golf, chicken wings, the car. Memory number two that will always cause a smile to crease my face. Every tiny detail still stands out to me. That spot at the top of the stairs before the seventh hole will send chills through my spine every time I pass by. The spot where I found you again. I smile like a goofy idiot just thinking of that day.

So here's to you; to us. Whether we last forever, or not even to the end of this post, let us look back on these memories and smile. Smile like goofy idiots.

Oh, and by the way, please take special note of the title. You should get that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment