Thursday 5 July 2012

Eye

I remember you walking in that day. It was cold outside and you were bundled up in your long black jacket and one of your many scarves. You looked stunning. We talked for a couple minutes before you left to start your work and I continued mine.

At the end of the day, I probably stared at that phone on the wall for a good six minutes before I found the courage to pick it up and call your extension.

Your voice. My heart jumped. Inside I was panicking, but somehow, outside I was calm and collected.

I did it. I asked you for your number. And you gave it! That astounded me. I got to the car and sent you a text so you'd have my number. We exchanged a couple joke texts before you went back to work and I went home to sleep.

Later that day, after I had slept, my phone rang. It was you. Our of the blue, and for no reason except to chat. I was soaring through the clouds. Talk about being blown away. You got my number and you sent me a text? You started the conversation? No girl has ever done that. Not with me. Not ever.

I was definitely smiling like a doofus that day.

You say you want to meet a guy like in the movies? Blow him away as soon as you meet him? Make him think about you day and night? Turn him into a blithering idiot when you're on his mind?

Well, scratch that off your bucket list. It already happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment