Tuesday 24 July 2012

Fonder

A chill runs down my spine. You are almost too beautiful for me to handle. My heart leaps at the sight of you. Your smile is so bright. I see teeth from ear to ear as I walk up to your car. You get out and jump towards me, arms open wide. I reach you and we embrace. You hold me as tight as you can. I squeeze right back. We say things to each other in that moment but I don't remember what. And it really doesn't matter. Once I have you in my arms, once you have me in yours, everything feels right. There is a smile on my face that couldn't go away if I tried.

Your voice and your laugh are all I hear. Your eyes are all I see. You skin, your body is all I feel. I take you in. You instill a longing in me. A longing to simply hold you. Hold you until time itself falls away into nothing. Simply being here with you is enough to make every problem, every bit of stress just disappear. I could stay here with you forever.

But life must go on. We pull away and say our goodbyes. Parting is such sweet sorrow, of course. But as I walk away, smile still permanently stapled to my face, I can't help but remember that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I think it's impossible for this heart to grow any more fond of you, my darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment