Friday 20 July 2012

9 Hours

"What would you like to do?"

Never has such a simple question carried so much potential, so much freedom. With a full tank of gas and an entire day to ourselves, we set out to... Well, it didn't matter what we did. We were going to spend time together and that's what we really wanted to do.

Lake. Sun. Grass. Blanket. You. I had it all. As I lay there staring into the sky, my head resting on your stomach, your hand playing with my hair, I remembered what it felt like to be happy. Weeks had gone by without your touch, without your laugh, without the you I had come to love. But there you were. Right there on that blanket with me. Nothing could have ruined that moment.

And there was something more, too. For once, we had no clock ticking above our heads. No quickly approaching curfew. No time to be home with the car. Just us. We could lay there until we decided to move. IF we decided to move. I would be happy if we were still there, lying beneath the sun, happy just to be.

I think a part of me is still there. Still resting my head on your stomach, staring into the sky. A part of me still feels your hand on my face, in my hair. That's how I want us to be. Carefree and happy. Content in just being together.

Here's to finding more grass on which to lay our blanket.

<4

No comments:

Post a Comment