Wednesday 19 September 2012

Finally

You did it. You finally did it. I hoped and prayed that you would do it and you finally did. It's such a small thing really, but it was always there, in the back of my mind.

Every time you walked towards me to hug me, my inner dialogue kicked in. "Is this it? Is she finally going to do it?" Today was no different. I walked away from my house and towards your car. You saw me and got out, a huge smile on your face. You ran towards me. My heart pounded in my chest. You jumped. I caught you. Held you.

Call me a nerd, call me a doofus, call me anything. That one moment, that one action, made my week. No. My month. You jumped to hug me and I caught you and held you. It felt like real magic. It felt like real happiness.

I say it all the time but you really proved me right this time. You really are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment