Wednesday 19 September 2012

Cannot

Sitting across from me, your face is illuminated by you phone as your fingers type away furiously. I can't take my eyes off you. A small smile slowly creeps it's way onto your face as you read the ongoing conversation. That smile is mirrored on my own face. This is bliss. I could sit here watching you forever. Your elegance and beauty are beyond words.

Finally, you look up. That smile finally breaks free completely.

"What?", you ask.

"Nothing", I lie. My own smile widening in tandem. You know damn well what. I love that you pretend not to. You love the attention and I love giving it. That could be good or bad, depending on who you ask.

We continue our meal and conversation, but this exact scenario repeats itself about five or six times. Even when we're hanging out in the car before you have to leave. You stare off I to space but I couldn't drag my eyes from you if I tried. You are so beautiful.

I just cannot keep my eyes off you.

No comments:

Post a Comment