Friday 5 August 2011

On My Own

This is a song from the musical, Les Miserables. I highly suggest you check it out if you haven't seen or heard it before. The original song is sung by a woman so I changed all the pronouns from masculine to feminine. These words could not mirror my own life better even if they were plucked from my head. It's kinda cool at the same time that it's utterly depressing. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

And now I'm all alone again, no where to go, no one to turn to. And now the night is near, now I can make believe she's here. Sometimes I walk alone at night when everybody else is sleeping. I think of her and then I'm happy with the company I'm keeping. The city goes to bed and I can live inside my head.

On my own, pretending she's beside me.
All alone, I walk with her till morning.
Without her, I feel her arms around me and when I lose my way I close my eyes and she has found me.

In the rain the pavement shines like silver.
All the lights are misty in the river.
In the darkness the trees are full of starlight and all I see is her and me forever and forever.

And I know it's only in my mind, and I'm talking to myself and not to her.
And although I know that she is blind still I say there's a way for us.

I love her, but when the night is over she is gone. The river's just a river.
Without her, the world around me changes.
The trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers.

I love her, but everyday I'm learning all my life I've only been pretending.
Without me, her world will go on turning.
A world that's full of happiness that I have never known.

I love her.
I love her.
I love her, but only on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment