Saturday 20 August 2011

Unicorns and Fairies

What if magic were real?

I'd see you from across the crowded room, your eye catching mine. We'd make our way to each other, anticipation putting a swiftness to our feet. We'd meet in the centre of the room, the multitude of bodies surrounding us suddenly invisible. Holding you in my arms, I'd kiss you, vehemently and fervently. Time would stop and the moment would last to our dying breath. I would never let you go, if magic were real.

We'd say hello to each other, youthful shyness finally overcome by a want to befriend. We'd grow up together, playing whenever together. We'd both find girlfriends and boyfriends over the years, none ever satisfying for long. We'd finish high school, moving on to college and time-consuming jobs. We'd grow closer despite a time-tested friendship. One fateful night, we'd stare into each other's eyes, realising this was more than mere friendship. We's finally be together, if magic were real.

I'd ask you out in a letter because I was too shy, and too afraid of rejection, to ask you in person. Answering your call would be the hardest thing I ever did. You'd be yourself, kindly accepting a date with me. We'd go out, me making a fool out of myself, you as elegant as ever. It would bloom into a long romance, a strong relationship that would last years in the very least. We'd grow old together, our love never fading for a moment, if magic were real.

If only magic were real.

No comments:

Post a Comment