Monday 28 February 2011

Out of the Ordinary...?

I just wanted to throw it out there that I had a fantastic weekend.

I had Friday off from work so I could go downtown to the Hard Rock Cafe and watch MgO tear the house down and embarrass all the other bands that played. I got to spend time with all my closest friends and not worry about anything, for a few hours at least.

Saturday didn't really happen. I was awake for a few hours before I fell asleep reading around 5pm. I didn't wake up until twelve hours later, early Sunday morning.

Sunday went as it usually does, with all it's ups and downs. The gueast speaker in church was really good, though he didn't speak long enough for my liking. Choir practice seemed to drag on and I was already in a terrible mood so the whole experience was slightly torturous.

I managed to double book myself Sunday evening so I was forced to choose between plans. As I really wanted to do both things, I knew that, whatever I chose, I would regret not doing the other, but I am happy with what I did do. I went out with my friend and talked for nearly five hours. Not all the subject matter was sunshine and butterflies but it is so good to be able to just sit and talk to someone sometimes.

Monday was basically a regular Monday. I spent all my concious time reading and as a result, I finished my book! The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. Such a good book. I'm happy to finally start the second in the series, The Great Hunt. Being a slow night at work, I've already read two or three chapters.

I hope the few of you who may be reading this had good weekends as well. Here's to a good week of work/school/whatever you do and another good weekend to follow. Cheers.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment