Wednesday 2 May 2012

Pumpkin

"I can smell you on my clothes." "I can taste you on my lips."

I always thought those were figures of speech. Lines used in songs to show meaning or add impact. That was, until I met you. Until I held you in my arms. Until I kissed you.

I drove around for an hour today, your scent filling my lungs, your taste gliding across my tongue. I couldn't escape you. Windows down, pedal to the floor, nothing would get rid of you. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I let the wind fill my ears and I shut off my music. It was distracting me anyway. I want nothing to take away from my thoughts of you. You assault my senses. I smell you, taste you. Hear you whisper in my ear, feel you pressed against my chest. I see your eyes staring into mine.

Goosebumps.

When I will get to see you again, I don't know. But as they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder", and you have been absent for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment