Tuesday 8 May 2012

Montana

It coils around my throat. It pours into my lungs. I gasp for air. I find nothing. Panic sets in. I writhe in agony, flailing out at you with tear-filled eyes. I see pain in your face, but you turn away, unable to help me. Panic turns cold as I realise there is no one who can help me. It presses against me from every direction. It's everywhere. It taunts me with thoughts of you. I feel you touch my skin. I smell you on my clothes. I taste you on my lips. Your words echo through my head. Your face fills my vision. Beside you I am helpless to act. What was once as natural as breathing has been ripped from my hands, stolen from me before I could have possibly had my fill. Now I am alone, drowning in a sea of sorrow, isolated from all traces of warmth, happiness and love. It floods me with cold familiarity, but I struggle on. Hard facts don't stand a chance against the kind of hope I have for a future with you.Hope that keeps me going. It will probably kill me in the end, but for now, it's all I have to stand on.

No comments:

Post a Comment