Sunday 13 January 2013

Hook

Roars and screams, screeches and honks, the din of the city is music to my ears, a eurhythmic pulse under my skin. Lights and sounds assault my senses as I walk, words and images dance across my vision. Streams of people brush past me, only momentarily aware of my existence. It's beautiful.

A hand slips past my side and wraps itself around my arm. My body reacts as though this is as natural as breathing. I look to my right and see you. The noise and lights fade to nothing. They may as well not exist. There is only you.

I look down and match my stride with yours. Of course you skip and throw us off. We reach a crowd on the sidewalk and are forced to separate as we weave a path through the mass of people. But we escape and it doesn't take a moment for you to find my arm once again. I can't help but smile.

The most beautiful girl in the city and she's on my arm. The smile on my face can only grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment