Friday 10 February 2012

For A Change


I read the hurt between your words. Hear the brokenness in your voice. See the pain behind your eyes. My heart aches to make it go away, to make you whole again. If I could take your pain, your sorrow, take it all onto myself, I would do it without a moment's hesitation. To see you smile and know it isn't forced would be worth all the pain in the world.

But that's not something I can do for you. Not if you don't let me. With a heavy heart you rejected me. Blinded by emotion, I lashed out, made things harder than they already were. Classic me. But how could I hold it against you? You were right all along. It brought us both to tears, but you did the right thing where I did not.

But I still see that pain and if it makes me want to break down just at the sight of it, how strong are you to stand up to it? How can you act like nothing's wrong when you should want to hold your head in your hands? You are so strong.

Hold on, my dear friend. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment