Thursday 24 March 2011

Good Times Had By All

I haven't posted in a while so I might as well do so now. I'm at work and it's a fairly easy night so I have to fill the time somehow. Good thing Johnny's not here. He'd be making me work or something.

As I write this, it's 2:15 Friday morning. It has taken it's sweet ass time getting here, but having finally arrived, the little stress from the week is all but gone. But despite being a long week, it was a surprisingly good one. Starting Monday, I've managed to read a lot more than I've been able to and since the book I'm reading is amazing, it did wonders for my morale in general.

On Tuesday I received a surprise Christmas present: a 5L mini keg of Heineken. Fantastic. It takes forever to chill but it's Heineken. It's worth the wait. For once, I'll have something to serve the guys when they come over this weekend.

On Wednesday I got my annual review at work. This being a public forum, I can't give any specific details, but it was the single best review I've ever gotten. Working nights, I've gotten used to doing a butt load of work with little to no recognition from any day staff or managers but knowing that my glowing review was not only approved, but agreed with by upper management completely made my week.

Thursday brought a nice surprise in that I got to see a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a while. It's honestly astonishing how much people can take for granted the once or twice a week they may see a friend. And that helped me realise how lucky I am to have the close friends I do and the frequency in which I see them.

Friday brings payday. Not the biggest and best thing by far to happen this week, but it is a highlight.

Saturday should bring friends and laughter which, despite the good things that happened to me, were seriously lacking this week. Oh, and beer. And xbox. And who knows what else.

Everyone reading this is officially invited to my house Saturday, whenever you feel like coming. Good times are to be had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment