Wednesday 15 December 2010

The Little Things

Have you ever shown up somewhere and been greeted by a friend who was genuinely happy to see you? I mean, really happy. Calling your name at the top of their lungs as soon as they see you, running up to you and giving you a big hug or even just a smile, but the kind of smile that shows that you just made their day.

Each of these have happened to me at one point or another in my life, and more actually. Every time someone shows that much happiness at seeing me, I get all warm and fuzzy inside. I can't help but think, "How could I have such an effect on a person?" But that thought is quickly lost in the pure joy it is just to see someone so happy.

That kinda happened to me today and, despite this massive headache, I can't help but feel happy. For the moment, nothing else really matters. All the crap, all the shit that infects my life, every bit of it is gone, if just for this moment. I have at least one friend who finds some happiness in seeing me and that, in turn, makes me very happy.

If you're reading this, I'm sure you know who you are. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment